- Identify, select, and review authentic materials from target language resources for listening and reading assessments at various levels of proficiency.
- For defined and constructed response items, create diagnostic assessment questions, tasks, prompts, and answer keys.
- To ensure test validity, review, analyze, and revise assessment items.
- Use technology wisely when researching and creating assessment items.
- Use suitable resources such as word processing software, the Internet, laptop computers, and so on.
- Use currently available software to create foreign language assessment items.
- To ensure test validity, collaborate with peers to review, analyze, and revise test items.
- Inform colleagues and leaders about professional issues concerning foreign language education and assessment.
- Create and modify test items for foreign language evaluations.
- Examine and assess test results over time (item analysis).
- Create written instructions, instructional guides, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- A completed background investigation may be used to determine the suitability or fitness for an appointment.
- You must be able to read, write, and converse fluently in Russian and English.
- You must have valid authorization to work in the United States for this position (US).
- You must submit a 300-word handwritten essay in both Russian and English. (The essay’s topic is “how your background, education, and training have prepared you to be a foreign language teacher.”
- Citizens of the United States are eligible to apply. Non-citizens with valid work authorization in the United States
- To be eligible, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements outlined below. Paid and unpaid experience is included, as is volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). All qualifying experience, including volunteer work, will be recognized.
- Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if you qualify based on education, you must submit transcripts as part of your application. This document contains additional information about transcripts.